Marshall Bruce Mathers III Mathers, popularly known by his stage name – Eminem, is one of the most famous rappers around the globe.
But what makes him the best? Let’s find out.
In an interview with the popular Hollywood producer Bob Simonds in Hollywood Reporter, the importance of music stars like Beyonce ( who have already worked with the producer,) Eminem, Kendrick Lamar and others to the Hollywood industry, was discussed to be critical. Eminem among all of his fellow musician colleagues, have probably left the most significant impact on the present pop culture. Here are the ten reasons why Eminem is considered the best rapper of all times.
- He broke the stereotypes. When he stepped into rap industry, it was dominated by black people. He showed the world that white people can not only rap but dominate the industry single-handedly. He was novel, and this was enough for people to gain interest in him.
- He made headlines. His disputes with his ex-wife, mother, and other rappers kept him in the media spotlight. Starring in ‘8 Mile’ also boosted his fame. He used this fame by supplementing it with a consistent stream of good quality albums.
- He has a wide variety of songs. On one side, he created songs like “Just Lose It” or “The Real Slim Shady” which were just meant for fun while on the other hand, songs like “Stan,” “Beautiful,” “Not Afraid,” and “Mockingbird” tells an entirely different story.
- His lyrics are meaningful. When you listen to rappers like Jay Z, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, or 50 Cent, you’ll feel that they’re just talking meaningless crap about girls, booze and the money they have. Whereas, Eminem’s songs are a testament to his background and his influences in lyric-making.
- He knows how to rhyme. Take this for example:
“Me? I’m a product of Rakim, Lakim Shabazz, 2Pac N-
-W.A, Cube, hey, Doc, Ren, Yella, Eazy, thank you, they got Slim.”
You can’t find another rapper with such rhyming skills. Slim can even make the words that don’t rhyme at all rhyme.
- He can write both beats and melodies. It’s not that other rappers can’t do it. It’s just that Eminem does it better. He has a better sense of melodies than others. He is among the elite group of rappers who can sing as well as rap.
- He is witty. Probably the wittiest rapper ever. There are a lot of incidents where he was insanely funny. When he was asked by someone that what they’d find in Eminem’s fridge right now he replied ” Dead kids.” On another incident, when he was being disturbed by Kanye West during an interview, he asked the reporter,” Seriously, who’s this guy?”
- He is successful. Most successful among them all. He has won 15 Grammys, 23 American Music Awards, 31 Billboard Music Awards, 12 MTV Video Music Awards, 7 People’s Choice Awards, and 1 Academy Award.
- He is respected by his peers. Eminem has the maximum respect from the hip-hop community and beyond. Rakim, KRS-One, Snoop Dogg, Jay Z, Nas, LL Cool J, Ice Cube and DJ Premier have all spoken on how they rate Eminem’s skills highly. Drake once even said that he’s the greatest rapper to touch a mic ever.
- He is resilient. He has had his fair share of lousy life experiences, but he didn’t give up. He fought them through and now sits on the throne of the best rapper.